We used Fedora 9 “Sulphur” to demonstrate Kashubian keyboard enabling in Gnome.
1. Right click on the top panel and select Add to Panel… from the listed choices
2. Select Keyboard Indicator, click Add and close the window
3. USA icon on the top panel should appear. Right click on the icon and select Keyboard Preferences
4. Select the Layouts tab and click Add.
5. From the Layouts pull down menu select Poland. From the Variants list chose Kashubian and click Add.
At this point, you should see the US and Kashubian layouts as active. The first listed layout is a default.
6. At this point, you should see both, the US and Kashubian layouts as active. The first listed layout is the default.
7. By clicking on the language switcher (USA), you can toggle between the US and Kashubian keyboards. You can also use a key combination to switch between the different keyboard layouts. You can also use a key combination to switch between the different keyboard layouts
Please, follow the outlined steps to add other keyboard layouts if needed.